Monday, May 17, 2010

Early days in US of A.....

Its been close to 3 months since i stepped in to US of A & now i decide to write my first blog.

So far so good...
First question i would like to ask myself "what was i upto all these days?, how could i easily spend these days??..." Will try to interpret them one by one.. :)

Early days of nesting made me go crazy as i missed my dearly job & adding on to it was the heavy winter with a cold breeze hovering all over. It was quite tough to step out of my apartment & the most annoying thing was to pile up myself with a long cozy jacket, snickers, gloves, a muffler.. Awh what not!! but then i could muddle through it as days passed on...

Here's a glimpse of it ;)



Then on i was totally hooked on to my lap top browse until i was exhausted & chat with friends whenever they were online, apparently no life without my lap top.. Then talk to mom & dad over phone, skype.. etc etc etc...
Meanwhile in the weekends looked out for a new apartment away from the downtown assuming to be surrounded by an Indian crowd. :p... & fortunately found a beautiful rented apartment on the third floor of Oak Tree Village ( which was once upon a time an oak tree forest.. just a guess..lol)
Spring started kicking in & finally made a grand entry to the house on a Sunday close to 9AM with a traditional rather hatke way of boiling a pot of milk..;) Couple of minutes later had my first meal... The best part i loved in my house was the balcony.. an awesome place to hold a coffee mug & keep sipping to my hearts content & yeah how could i miss the sight of looking at the pigeons bobbing their head running all the way..

It took a while to settle down setting up my house with all the essential stuff for my kitchen, my single bed room & most importantly my living room.

Day after day, boredom started killing me.. It was then i listed down couple of things to give a try...
  • Hit the Gym
  • Look out for a public library
  • Cooking big time..
  • Talk to people around me....
I motivated myself for all the above... but could not achieve all of them though.. At the first place i started to love cooking experimenting with it & now i consider myself to be a master chef.. ha ha ha...
I am still not sure about the fact that "Time is racing against me" or " I am racing against time"... Hope this summer brings me those good days which i have always dreamt for by visiting places & clicking pictures with my beautiful SLR Nikon D40..!!!

More about it in my next blog...:)

2 comments:

  1. Hello... Thanks for your comment on my blog - Punjabi Bhindi Masala. I'm glad it worked out for you. At least the weather in NJ was nice today (Feb 18). Moving to the USA is not an easy adjustment, so if you need any advice, feel free to send me an email at honeywhatscooking@gmail.com and I can give you some tips to make your adjustment smoother.

    As you mentioned... hitting the gym, getting to a public library, cooking are great things to start with. I'm glad you've thought about starting a blog too. Check out Oak Tree Road - all the Indian shops and fast foods. Check out the Indian Movie Theater located on Oak Tree Road. Check out Menlo Park Mall which isn't too far from you. And definitely make friends, the only way to survive in this country is getting to know people and making contacts and invest in a car.

    Here is a useful site - http://desifirstaid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.. Thanks for the site..way too useful..!! i wish i knew about it few months ago.. :) Now i'm well settled since its almost been a year.
    Had a look at your blog, looks like u have a lot of passion for cooking..! i appreciate your patience in blogging about every small thing which makes a reader like me very happy..:)I have a question, probably i'll email you with it...:)

    ReplyDelete